The Trail: Frontier Challenge Is Now Available On Nintendo Switch
The Trail: Frontier Challenge is now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop. This Adventure, Strategy, Simulation and Role-Playing genre game is priced at $14.99US and $16.99CA. Developed by 22cans and Published by Kongregate. This game is also available on Steam for $16.99 and IOS/Android for free with in-app purchases (micro-transaction).
See game trailer and description below:
Game description is from Nintendo’s site:
Are you ready to discover the undiscovered?
Are you ready to climb the tallest mountains, wear the finest clothes, and earn a fortune beyond compare?
Then welcome to the New World! Welcome to The Trail: Frontier Challenge!
Join pioneers from across land and sea in an epic journey across an undiscovered country! Walk down the single track path of destiny at a calm and measured pace! Get out there and make your mark upon the world, adventurer!
And you are not alone in your travels! Every person you meet on The Trail is another player who will trade with you at campfires located along the way.
- Race, collect and compete in a variety of fun challenges
- Choose from five professions (Lumberjack, Hunter, Cook, Tailor, and Explorer)
- Earn skill points and level up in your chosen profession to become a Master!
- Learn to craft increasingly valuable items and amass a fortune
- Customise your style with a variety of outfits and clothing items
- Fill your backpack on The Trail, but be careful! Those who take too much can end up collapsing and losing precious items!
- Settle down in the town of Eden Falls
- Join other players and form your very own community
- Make your house a home with a wide variety of furnishings
- Get your very own pet dog to accompany you wherever you go
- Upgrade your house to be the envy of all your neighbours
- Trade and share with other players to expand your town for the benefit of all
Grow together, work together, and one day, perhaps you might even become mayor!
The Trail: Frontier Challenge is great for casual players with its relaxing scenery, music and gameplay. It has an 81% positive rating on Steam and a 4.4 Star rating on Google play. Keep in mind some grinding will be involved in this game, since you are basically building/managing your own town, making clothes, gold and silver Bars and others items.
There are small differences in gameplay between the mobile versions and PC/Console version. The biggest difference being; that the Android/IOS version has in-app purchases. Playing the mobile version would be the best way to try it out free of cost.
There is a lot of players attacking the game right now due to [22cans] video game designer/Ceo Peter Douglas Molyneux involvement. Info from Wiki:
To date, 22Cans has sold early access on multiple titles including Godus, Godus Wars and The Trail. As yet, despite three years of quoted development and a large Kickstarter for Godus, no projects have left early access. Molyneux is currently working on a new title named Legacy on what he describes as “a very different kind of game.
To sum it all up, Peter took money from people to make a game called: [Godus] and has never finished it. Peter has also been known for taking full credit on games that was not entirely his idea. Therefore, players are retaliating, which is understandable.