EARTHLOCK Is Now Available ON The Nintendo Switch eShop
EARTHLOCK is now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop and Steam. This Adventure, Strategy, Role-Playing genre game is priced at $29.90US and $36.90CA. Developed and Published by Snowcastle Games.
See trailer and game description below:
Game description is from Nintendo’s site:
EARTHLOCK is an adventure RPG inspired by the classic 3D RPGs of the late 90’s, with a fresh take on turn based combat and character progression.
Enter a beautiful world haunted by its fateful past and join a party of unlikely heroes on their journey to rescue Amon’s uncle from an ancient cult and uncover the secret of EARTHLOCK.
- Explore the magical world of Umbra.
- Fast-paced and highly strategic turn-based battles.
- Harvest magical materials to craft helpful items and perks on your home island.
- Utilize Your Talent Table: combining a classic ‘skilltree’ and equipment to customize your character’s progression.
- Alternate between 6 playable characters.
- Grow your friendships between different character pairs for a strategic advantage in combat.
Help the people of Umbra along the way to unlock more useful items.
The previous EARTCHLOCK game titled: EARTHLOCK: [Festival of Magic] has relatively good reviews at 68% positive reviews out of 345 on Steam. The vast majority of negative reviews involved the grind fest, due to the high-leveled HP a lot of foes had, which is typical for this style of game. There was also a decent amount of reviews on the story growing dull and lifeless sections in the game.
It would seem like a safe purchase, as long as you are a fan of RPG/JRPG games.