Doom Gets Major Update For Nintendo Switch Version
A huge update has come out for the Nintendo Switch version of Doom, it was announced on Doom’s official twitter account, all we had previously known is that the patch would fix audio issues and menu fixes, more was to be announced closer to release. The patch is out and it comes with a lot of important updates to make your Doom experience better.
Here is the list of patch notes from Bethesda website:
- Motion Aiming – New control scheme option allows you to tilt the Nintendo Switch for more precise aiming
- Multiplayer Parties – Added new party system, making it easier to group up and play with your friends in multiplayer
- Updated Game Icon – Game icon now matches the DOOM for Nintendo Switch boxart
- Increased the average resolution in lower-res areas of the game
- Implemented CPU optimizations
- Added Traditional Chinese language support
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a possible crash when using the BFG
- Fixed an issue that caused audio issues while playing
- Fixed an issue that caused stretched textures to appear in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where controls became unresponsive on the game menu
- Fixed an issue where players may have incorrectly received a ban notice in multiplayer
Here is a picture of the old and new game icon for the Nintendo Switch Menu down below:
Which Nintendo Switch icon picture do you prefer? Are you excited to start using motion controls? What patch notes are you looking forward to most?